Survivor Alliance Capacity Building Initiative
The Survivor Alliance Capacity Building Initiative is a program designed to support survivors in building local survivor networks, and to lead their communities in the fight against human trafficking. The Capacity Building Initiative is part of the Pathways to Freedom Challenge and will take place in three US cities: Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The program is funded by the Partnerships for Freedom, which is a public-private partnership created by the Humanity United foundation. Partnerships for Freedom launched Pathways to Freedom, their third challenge to create innovative solutions to human trafficking. The Pathways to Freedom is led by Humanity United and the NoVo Foundation.
A key component of the Capacity Building Initiative is the Survivor Alliance Fellowship Program. We are recruiting two fellows in each city.
- Receive professional development and leadership training needed to become leaders in local anti-trafficking efforts
- Create a survivor leadership action plan to coordinate and mobilize their peers to engage in local anti-trafficking efforts
- Provide direct input and feedback in local anti-trafficking efforts
- Coordinate a local Survivor Community Meeting
- Receive a $2000 stipend per year
- Commit to an expected minimum of 2-3 hours a week
About Survivor Alliance
Survivor Alliance is a non-profit organization started and led by survivors to unite and empower the global survivor community.
To apply, survivors who meet the eligibility requirements should:
- Review Fellowship Position Description and Fellowship Program Information flyer.
- Complete and submit the written application no later than 9 am EST on 2/3/19. Written Application Link
- Send your resume to email@example.com no later than 9 am EST 2/3/19
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to schedule a 30-40 minute phone interview in mid-February.
- All applicants will be notified about the status of their applications once all fellowship positions have been filled
We encourage applicants to visit the Survivor Alliance website to learn more about our organization's mission and values before applying.For questions or support with the application process, please contact Lara Powers: firstname.lastname@example.org